There was a report on Saturday that a fire outbreak happened at the presidential villa, Abuja, it was reported my an online news media, which caused confusion among workers in the villa.
However, the spokesman to the President, Garba Shehu, on Sunday, said no fire incident was recorded inside the presidential Villa, he made the clarification in in a statement titled, ‘Bush fire incident recorded outside villa perimeter’
The senior special assistance to the president on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu said the fire that happened “between the outer wire fence and walls surrounding the Villa.”
In the statement Garba Shehu said “In the evening of Saturday, March 6, a fire broke out burning shrubs between the outer wire fence and walls surrounding the Villa, precisely in the area between the Villa and the barracks, towards Asokoro.
“The fire, as being speculated, might have started from a passerby dropping a burning cigarette. The Federal Fire Service will ascertain the reason for it when they complete their investigation.
“It suffices to say that this bush fire, which started and ended outside the perimeter walls of the Villa, was seamlessly contained by fire stations of the State House and the one nearby from the Federal Fire Service. No loss of life, no loss whatsoever to building and property was recorded. We thank well-meaning Nigerians for expressed concerns.”